Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stimpy, you IIIIIDIOT

I used to watch Ren and Stimpy on Nick in college. (No, I'm not ashamed. Ask me what I didn't do to my liver or lungs in college. Hurray moral high ground!)

There's the one episode where R&S are lost in space somewhere for a hideously long amount of time, and it's basically a humor run on space madness/cabin fever. At one point, Stimpy starts tapping his finger, and the tapping - in Ren's mind - gets louder. Tapping...then thumping...then hammering...then massive, building-shattering sound... and while this is going on, Ren's eyes get wider and wider and more and more bloodshot until he screams at the top of his lungs and goes completely ape.

....yeah. That about describes my mindset right now.

Due-date-plus-five. Nada.  No kid. I swear if I have to hear one more "Oh well, you just keep waiting, you'll see it's worth it" so-called encouraging comment, I'll beat my head against the wall. More drama I don't need.

On the flip side, Amy and I are enjoying the quality time. Her mom hit town yesterday, and she's cool, so we're all just kind of mellowing. I get to do even less around the house with her mom here - muahaha - so I have lots of spare time on my hands. That's both good and bad.

I get a lot done, which is nice, because I probably won't be able to get a lot done for a week or two. (Spare me the "NO, FOR EIGHTEEN YEARS, HAHAHA..." joke.)

On the other hand.... tapping is really getting on my nerves just now.

-MT out

1 comment:

Amy said...

Nice to have the mother in law around. Have a great day.